These Christmas stockings are made from canvas tea towels from Target, the same towels I used to make this stenciled pillow a few posts ago. Two of the towels made all seven. If you are looking for a quick, easy, inexpensive sewing machine project for your stockings this year, you are in luck.
- Tea towels or canvas drop cloth
- Fabric Scissors
- Stocking Template (click here for the one I used)
- Pencil for marking fabric
- Straight Pins
- Jute or twine
- Embellishments of your choice
- Print stocking on to heavy paper and cut out
- Iron fabric and trace stocking onto towel folded in half. I used the seams already in the towels as the top of my stockings. Cut shape from front and back halves at same time.
- With right sides together, pin in place. Loop a 2 inch piece of jute on the top at the heel side for hanging your stocking and pin in place. Double back over the twine while sewing to make it extra sturdy.
- Turn stockings right side out and embellish as desired. I printed on burlap for the text, pieces of scrap towel and lace on mine.