50+ Mason Jar Decor Ideas

Mason jar craft ideas

75 Mason Jar Craft; The original roundup from @savedbyloves

Working on a summer wedding’s centerpieces has gotten me in a mason jar mood.  I hope you are as inspired by browsing this list as I was by making it.  I will never look at a jar the same again!  Enjoy…

1 Roeshel February 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm

I can’t see the pictures, but what a great collection of links! Thank you so much for the shout out. ;) Great post!

2 Katie February 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

Love this round up!

3 Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} February 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Very inspiring round-up! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

4 Lauren Elise February 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Thank you so much for including my silhouette mason jars in your roundup! Amazing how many unique ideas can come out of one simple item.

5 Carly @ Mason's Roost February 18, 2012 at 12:05 am

Aw, thanks for including me!

6 Amanda February 19, 2012 at 11:18 am

Thanks so much for all three shout outs :) Really appreciate it!

7 rebecca February 19, 2012 at 1:08 pm

So cute! Should post for baby food jars, too! We’re drowning in them. : ) P.S. word is “luminarias” for candle lanterns…

8 Clair February 19, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Thanks for these suggestions! It’s nice to have them all in one place!
I also used an old sweater to decorate an old jar, shown here: http://thecozycondo.blogspot.com/2012/02/decorate-mason-jars-and-coffee-cans.html

9 Wendy February 20, 2012 at 8:39 pm

LOVE,, LOVE LOVE this site! Thanks for sharing!

10 Colleen February 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Love all of these ideas!!!
I blogged about this too….
Here’s the link and how to decorate with mod podge
And more to do with the jar!
*Colleen

11 Joanne February 23, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I love all of the ideas you guys have. Good! work! I will definitely pin you on pinterest! Love always
Joanne

12 Katrina February 24, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Love this list! We use the smaller jars with silicon baby bottle sleeves as durable, non-plastic drinking glasses for our kids.

13 Tina February 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Love these ideas. I am constantly looking for new ways to use my mason jars. I gave up on using expensive drinking glasses that chip and break when dropped and like Katrina we use them for drinking glasses.

14 Dawn February 28, 2012 at 7:38 pm

These are great! You can also use these ideas to upcycle old spaghetti sauce jars. It’s much cheaper than using Mason jars, and more earth friendly!

15 Sarah February 29, 2012 at 8:22 am

This is a great collection! I just got engaged and we’re planning an August wedding and I am planning on incorporating mason jars into the decor. These are helpful ideas!

16 TIffany March 5, 2012 at 12:10 am

I am also loving mason jars, I am having a summer wedding reception (got married last year! LOL) BUT I am totally into the mason jars and love when I find more ideas! I love your list.
Thank you for taking the time to share what you have found!

17 Diane March 9, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I sure do love all of these great ideas for mason jars. My only problem is, I use them for apricots, plums, and apples from our yard. And I always run out of them!!

18 Carolyn Yarbrough March 22, 2012 at 10:01 am

Why stop at 50? You’re on a roll! Great job gathering so many to see in one place – thank you!

19 Marva April 19, 2012 at 8:26 pm

You forgot to put Jam in one. ;-)

20 Michelle June 24, 2012 at 8:22 am

We love the mason jar ideas…need to purchase 150-175 of them for an October wedding any sites for purchasing that are reliable?

Thanks
Michelle

21 SavedByLoveCreations June 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

That is a great question, Michelle. I have never needed that many. We collected various mason jars from thrift stores and garage sales for a summer wedding, which worked because we had a lot of time to gather them, and we didn’t care if they were mismatched. If you want them all the same, or don’t have time to gather over several months, I found these at DollarTree http://www.dollartree.com/Kerr-Glass-Canning-Pint-Jars/p306655/index.pro. I would love you to keep us posted on what you end up doing and how it goes. Thanks for dropping by!

22 Latisha June 25, 2012 at 10:18 am

Where do you get the wire to hang the mason jars?

23 SavedByLoveCreations June 25, 2012 at 11:07 am

Good question, Latisha. I found mine at Joann Fabrics. I know it is also available, at least where I live, at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and even WalMart. If you can’t find it, just ask an store employee for craft wire. You could also use a wire hanger – just straighten it out and follow the instructions I linked here. Hope that helps!

24 Barbara July 23, 2012 at 1:00 am

Thanks so much for including my Fabric Lined Mason Jars in your collection! I’m so inspired by the rest of these ideas!

Barbara @ Chase the Star

25 Eden August 8, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Amazing list – thank you! I am obsessed with mason jars and had started my own list but this one is incredible. In fact I just added your whole blog post to my running list of mason jar ideas – you can see it here:

26 Liza@cheap floating candles August 17, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Your decor ideas just blowing my mind. And the ideas with floating candles are awesome.

27 SavedByLoveCreations August 18, 2012 at 5:38 am

Thank you Liza! Floating candles are so pretty. Must go check out your site :)

28 katie April 22, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Love this round up! I have a mason jar project to add to it… Burlap Wrapped Mason Jars! http://sewwoodsy.com/2012/02/burlap-wrapped-mason-jars.html

29 claudio June 19, 2013 at 8:01 am

ótimas ideias eu e minha esposa vamos coloca-las em prática. Muito obrigado pelas dicas. Um abração.

30 SavedByLoveCreations June 23, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Thank you!

31 Becky July 19, 2013 at 7:46 am

Love this page !!!!!

32 Kristine July 21, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Awesome collection of ideas. I will definitely share this as I know a lot of friends that would find this useful for their large collection of jars.