Faux Pallet Easter Canvas DIY

Make Faux Wood Pallet Art #Easter @savedbyloves

Today’s project is a fun, simple Easter decor DIY.  Use jumbo popsicle sticks  and an old canvas to create faux wood pallet bunny silhouette wall art.  The inspiration for this project came from Laura at The Shed Blog, and her Mini Pallet Art tutorial.  I loved her end result so much that it is now on my wall (an endearing story I shared with you here).

Make Faux Wood Pallet Art #Easter @savedbyloves

SUPPLIES:

Jumbo Craft Sticks

Fabri-Tac craft glue

An old canvas (can be used; grab one for cheap at a garage sale or thrift store)

Bunny Silhouette

Die cut machine or printer and scissors

Clear contact paper or vinyl for die cut machine

White Gesso

Sponge brush

Acrylic paint in choice of colors

TUTORIAL:

Head to Laura’s post for a detailed description.  Here is a photo montage of what I did.  She has some great tips for removing the paint between the craft sticks.

Easter decor tutorial Faux Wood Pallet canvas @savedbyloves

What do you think?  I love it and it is super inexpensive to create.  Won’t take you very long either.  This is a great project for each holiday.  Just swap out the silhouette for the current theme and make cool art for the whole year round.

Don’t forget to check out our 75 Easter Projects Roundup:

75 Easter Crafts to Make @savedbyloves

1 michelle March 1, 2013 at 6:29 pm

What a beautiful piece of art! I do have a question. How did you even up the sides? In one picture they look slightly uneven, but in the following epics they’re perfect.

2 SavedByLoveCreations March 1, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Great Question, Michelle! I did not mention that in the post, and it was an important step. I used my Dremel tool with a sanding drum attachment. The craft sticks were soft and very easy to sand down that way. Hope that helps!

3 Jenna March 1, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Aww…love that sweet bunny! What a creative use of craft sticks!

4 Kathie March 1, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Hello, I’d love to have you come share your post at Show and Tell Saturday #6 at Sassy Little Lady!

Kathie

5 Mel March 2, 2013 at 12:58 am

Wow that came out looking amazing. Craft stick into “pallet” very clever

6 Laura / The Shed blog by Pet Scribbles March 3, 2013 at 8:27 am

I love your bunny art!!! What a sweet idea for Easter and Spring – or for anyone who loves bunnies! And that’s a great tip that I read in the comments above about sanding down the edges too! I left mine a bit “natural” (LOL) but your tip is a good one! :) Glad I could be of inspiration!

7 Shannon Fox March 4, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Aw. Love bunny stuff and this is darling. Super cute for Easter or Spring in general :)

8 ColleenwithMurals&More March 5, 2013 at 12:34 pm

SQUEEE!!! I’ve been crushing on pallet art for a while, knowing full well I’m never gonna A) drag a pallet home and B) cut one apart to make something. Those days are OVER.

But this? This! This, I can do. Now the only problem, fitting it into my already bulging-at-the-seams schedule. But that’s never stopped us before, has it. haha.

Thanks for sharing, Johnnie!

9 SavedByLoveCreations March 5, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Sweet! Ripping apart pallets is not all it’s cracked up to be anyway. I can’t wait til you get to it so I can see your spin on it. xoxo

10 Suzy Myers March 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Love the bunny!! Awesome job as usual!

suzy