Candy Wrapper Magazine Page Vase

Recycled paper crafts

These coiled magazine page crafts are quite the rage!  People ask me why I don’t sell them, and there are 2 reasons.  I don’t feel comfortable selling them since I didn’t come up with them, but instead replicated what I saw at my local fair trade store.  The second reason is because I would have to charge tons of cash to make it worth the amount of time that goes into creating them!  That said… here is a vase I created from mentos wrappers (saw this at the fair trade store) and magazine pages.

Recycled paper crafts vase

I would not put water in this, even though I sealed it, just because I am not sure it would hold up over time.  It would be great for paper crafted flowers or fake flowers from the craft store.  Maybe you could even make some from magazine pages.  Hmmm… I see another coiled paper project!

For this vase, I made a coaster sized round coil for the base, and built up and out from, then back in to follow the contour of a vase.  See this post on the coiled magazine page dish for tutorial details.  After the holidays, I hope to post some video tutorials on these projects.  I have had lots of requests, and little time, but I will come through!  Enjoy, and share your coiled page creations.

Recycled Paper Vase

1 Julia September 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Love it! I’ve done baskets from coupon inserts. These vases look so fun!

2 ingrid@morestylethancash September 21, 2011 at 7:50 pm

This looks fabulous! I love the idea that this truly is a craft from recycling.

3 Bailey K. September 21, 2011 at 11:43 pm

so cool! would love to see the video tutorial!

4 Lisa September 23, 2011 at 11:31 am

Amazing! They look so unique and fun to make!

5 Julie September 24, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I like this, it looks great!

6 Nikki September 25, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Amazing. The colors are great! I would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party!

7 kim@too much time September 26, 2011 at 9:49 am

Awesome. I featured it today. Come grab check it out and grab a button!
Kim

8 missy September 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I’m not understanding how you overlap the paper. I understand making a big coil and pushing it out to make a bow. I don’t get the picture on how you decrease to the narrow top. Can you please explain.

9 Amanda September 27, 2011 at 7:29 am

What a great project! :) I’ve featured this post on Craft Gossip here:

If you would like a “featured by” button, you can grab one here:

10 Sarah @ Alderberry Hill September 27, 2011 at 8:45 am

This is great! I had planned to make a bowl after I saw it on pinterest!

11 Natalie from Johnnyinadress.com September 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

This is so neat! Love the vase!

12 Jenn Erickson/Rook No. 17 September 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Absolutely beautiful!

I admire, not only your creativity, but your ethics and good sense as well!

You’re a “good egg”!

Jenn

13 shredding Houston February 21, 2013 at 3:19 am

This is really amazing! This really looks a lot of work but the end result is all worth it. I have never seen such intricately made paper vase. You absolutely did a great job on this. Thank you for sharing this post. I am pretty sure that several readers are so excited for your video tutorials. I’m looking forward to it.