Display meaningful photos in a unique way while busting through your stash of vintage buttons, ribbons, fabric scraps and found objects. These little medicine bottles can be found in thrift stores, at tag sales and online for cheap. Use them for Christmas gifts, or as photo frames for yourself!
-Variety of antique medicine and food bottles
-Photos sized to fit in bottles and printed in black and white or sepia tone on copy paper
-Glitter, sand or other filler
-Found objects, beads, vintage buttons, old keys and other embellishments
-Decorative ribbon, twine, lace, burlap and fabric scraps
-Corks for bottle tops
-Copper craft wire gauge 20-22
-Bamboo skewer or pencil
- Clean bottle and remove any labels. Let dry.
- Add sand or glitter using funnel or folded paper scrap
- Drop in a few beads, buttons or other small meaningful objects.
- Roll the photo into a tube and insert it into the bottle. Use a skewer to unroll it and flatten it against the inner surface of the bottle.
- Embellish outside of bottle with ribbon, lace, twine, vintage pearls and other scraps. Glue on buttons and found objects with hot glue.
- Place cork in bottle and embellish with vintage buttons, beads or brooches. Secure with wire wrapped around cork and through button. Add a dab of hot glue at the base of the button to hold in place on top of the cork.