As soon as 16 year old Brianna told me her passion was baking, I started working on her to share a recipe here on SBLC. She whipped up these to-die-for pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Today I am happy to let you in on how she did it! I know she will be a success and you will understand how I know that once you get a taste of these.
Makes 2 dozen cookies with 25 minutes cook time.
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tbsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten until frothy
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then blend in pumpkin.
4. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients with milk, blending until batter is smooth.
5. Spoon batter into lined muffin pan, filling each 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
4 tbsp softened butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until well blended.
2. On low, beat in powdered sugar a little at a time until well blended.
3. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
Thanks for sharing with us, Brianna!