Salvage Wood Wine Bottle Wall Vase Trio
Reclaimed wood and recycled bottles combine with inexpensive copper hardware for this rustic, ecofriendly wall vase set. Make it in under an hour with just a few dollars for hardware! This is perfect inexpensive wall decor, and makes a great, unique handmade gift for the holidays.
-Scrap wood cut to desired width (The board I had was 25 inches, so I went with that. Use any number of wine bottles, and cut your wood the appropriate length for that number.)
-1 inch copper bell hanger kit (available in plumbing section of most hardware stores for less than $2 each)
-Picture hanging hardware
-Wine bottles (clean and remove labels if desired as described in Techniques)
1. Paint, stain or decoupage your wood any way you like. I left mine as I found it since it had the weathered look I love. Same goes for the bottles. Paint or decorate them to fit your decor or occasion.
2. Measure and mark placement of your bottles, leaving even spacing between each and centering them on the board. Yay math!
3. Drill a pilot hole with a drill bit just smaller in diameter than your screw. If you aren’t using a drill, use a hammer and nail to make a pilot hole.
4. Attach bell hanger using the screw that came in your kit and a drill or screwdriver.
5. Attach a loop for hanging on each side.
6. Place on wall and add wine bottles. Time to head to the farmer’s market for some fresh flowers!