In preparation for SNAP! 2013, my very first blogging conference, it was time to update my business cards. I haven’t gotten new ones since before Pinterest, and lots has changed here at SBLC since then. Of course with new cards comes the need for a spiffy business card holder. It needed to protect the cards, but more importantly, it need to be handmade and super cute.
So here are the new cards. I used this QR code generator, which quickly and easily (and for free) created a downloadable graphic that I opened in Photoshop and added to my design. I ordered the high gloss cards from Vistaprint.
Here they are close up.
I coated the entire inside, outside and edges with Mod Podge satin finish to seal. Let dry 3o minutes and applied 2nd coat, which I let dry overnight.
I punched a hole through the bottom flap and back cover on both sides for ribbon placement.
I put the ribbon through the holes and wrapped around the bottom flap and back, tying a knot on the left side (which is hidden under the flower). I glued the flower in place with Fabri-Tac (it is like hot glue in a bottle, but not hot).
The cards slide under the bottom flap, and the top flap slides over the cards and under the bottom flap.
For the text, I stamped onto a tag with archival black ink, using my rolling alphabet stamp. I inked the edges of the tag with broken china and antique linen distress ink pads using the ink blending tool.