50+ Things to Make From Drop Cloth

over 50 Drop cloth projects to make @savedbyloves

Drop cloth painters tarp is a great material for home decor and crafts.  It has that natural color and canvas texture, is inexpensive, and easy to paint, sew, stencil and swirl into a host of beautiful creations.  I find it to be as appealing in decor as burlap, but much easier to do things to, which is why I lean towards it.   Today I will showcase some of my favorites, followed by the complete list of over 50 drop cloth projects to make.

Make #DropCloth #DIY #Pumpkins #Thanksgiving Decor

Lucy from Craftberry Bush knows how to drop cloth her way to beautiful white pumpkin decor.  Super easy project, with a clean, crisp fall feel.

#DIY #DropCloth #Crafts to make #50+ @savedbyloves #Decor

At Attempting Aloha, see how genius DIY momma Charlie created scrabble tile wall art with drop cloth.  I love scrabble as a game, and scrabble tiles as jewelry waiting to happen.  I am also a fan of using what you have on hand and the creativity that comes from that necessity.  Charlie was determined not to purchase new supplies for this, so she made do, and then some!  Her tutorial reminds me that I must try freezer paper transfer.  She makes it look super easy.

If only I could afford to fly Donna from Funky Junk Interiors to my home for some renovation.  She takes the fact that she doesn’t sew, and turns it into gorgeous, no sew DIY drop cloth curtains.  Again, making do leading to amazing design.

#DIY #DropCloth #Crafts to make #50+ @savedbyloves #Decor

One of the first projects that came to mind when starting this round-up was Beckie at Infarrantly Creative’s glittery Christmas ornament pillow DIY.  Simply beautiful.

Relax in style with this DIY drop cloth hammock from My Magic Mom. Basic sewing machine skills and the desire to take a nap are needed.

Run to the hardware store for some canvas painters tarp, or order 9×12 feet of drop cloth on Amazon for $20.  That is a lot of fabric.  Here is what to do with it…

1 Katie November 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Great round-up! Thank you for including my fall painted table runner!

2 Paula@SweetPea November 21, 2012 at 7:38 am

Great round-up! Thanks so much for including my tea towel.

3 malia November 22, 2012 at 11:57 am

Holy cow awesome roundup… I love that dropcloth is so useful in itself and can also be transformed into so many beautiful things. All the 50 projects are amazing but that glittery ornament pillow takes my breath away!

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am grateful to have you as a friend! xo

4 Daune | Cottage in the Oaks November 26, 2012 at 12:56 am

Oh dear! You’ve listed so many great things….my wheels are turning! Thank you so much for including my drop cloth napkins. :)

5 Kelly November 26, 2012 at 1:50 am

Thanks so much for including my drop cloth project :) Such a fun round-up of projects. Hugs.

6 Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon November 28, 2012 at 10:32 am

fantastic collection Johnnie! I love that ruler tablerunner and the ornament pillow! ;)

7 Janel@nelliebellie November 28, 2012 at 11:11 am

This makes me want to run out and buy drop cloth!! That stuff is amazing!

8 Barbara November 28, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Love this round up! I’ve made pillows and curtains from drop cloths and love the versatility of this material! Thanks for sharing!
Barbara at Chase the Star

9 Jennifer January 9, 2013 at 12:39 am

Great post! I just made drop cloth curtains and I’m hooked!

10 Tracie March 17, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Add surfboard bag. My husband made one with out old drop cloth, and some quilted lining. He even tie dyed it. It is great.

11 Morgana August 12, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I stumbled upon this post on Pinterest and I just wanted to say you can also buy 9×12 drop cloths from the dollar tree. I picked one up to put under my son’s highchair to keep his mess off my hardwood floors!

12 Johnnie Collier August 13, 2014 at 3:47 am

Morgana, thanks! I had no idea. I will be checking this out on my next trip to Dollar Tree.