Wait! Don’t take out the recycling just yet. Did you know you can turn your empty tin cans into lovely flower vases in a snap? In just a couple of easy steps, you will be on your way to gorgeous, simple, chic decor. I think these would make great mother’s day gifts, filled with her favorite fresh florals. How about centerpieces for that upcoming dinner party or summer barbecue?
When I say easy, I mean easy.
- Wall texture spray; I got mine at the local hardware store in the paint section
- Tin cans
- Distress Ink Pad by Ranger in Rusty Hinge
- Remove labels from cans and clean inside and out will with soapy water. Rinse and dry with lint free cloth
- Spray cans with wall texture per can instructions on protected work surface. I did mine with the nozzle set to fine. I don’t think it really matters. When you are happy with the coverage, let dry. I let mine dry overnight.
- If you want the rusty look, run your distress inkpad lightly over the surface of the can, randomly to achieve the desired effect. I did this on one can, and love the look…
The End! This is my first time ever using spray wall texture, and it was pretty darn cool. You have not seen the last of it around here.
Have you upcycled your tin cans another way? I would love to hear your ideas!