Ever wonder what to do with those old hardcover books you have lying around? This project is super gratifying as it is simple, quick and you most likely have all the necessary supplies on hand. I made this cutie in under 25 minutes, beginning to end. The inspiration came from a fantastic book titled “UPCYCLING” by Danny Seo. I highly recommend you pick this book up if you can. You can get it at Amazon for $8.99, and it is filled with wonderful ideas to create with what you have at home. There are so many projects I want to do in there. My recycle bin pile will be getting smaller and smaller!
- Old hardcover book
- craft glue (Glossy Accents used here)
- Utility knife
- Cardboard or card stock for template
- Pen or pencil to draw vase outline
- With the edge of your template against the spine of the book, begin cutting around it, several pages at a time. Continue this until you are through the entire book. I ditched the template after 50 pages or so, and just used the cut pages as my guide. It is super easy. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- When you have cut through the entire book, remove the cover and glue the back of the last page to the front of the front page. I put a lot of glue on the spine too, and paper clipped to hold together until glue dried.