I know, I know, it is not even Thanksgiving yet, but I have moved right onto Christmas decor. Blame Dollar Tree. I innocently stopped by there to kill some time before the pharmacy opened, and I had no choice but to buy supplies to make this crepe paper tree. Super easy project that cost a total of $3 plus a few supplies I had on hand. This sweet little tree can be made in any color to coordinate with your own holiday decor.
- Glue gun
- Cemetery vase from Dollar Tree, or Styrofoam cone shape
- Crepe paper
- Tree topper ornament from Dollar Tree
- Foam base from Dollar Tree floral section (optional)
- You can glue and pleat as you go along, or pleat strips of the crepe paper, then glue them to the cone shape. I switched randomly between both methods. They both took about the same amount of time. This was a 30 minute project.
- Once you have covered your entire cone, embellish as you like. I covered the foam base in burlap with hot glue, then glued it to the crepe covered vase for a tree trunk. Hot glue an ornament to the top for a star, spritz tree with glitter mist, or paint little polka dot ornaments. I left it simple, and absolutely love it.
It is the beginning of this year’s silver and white Christmas theme at our house. What are your colors this holiday season?