Are you planning your handmade gift lists? Today’s project is a lovely penny saving piece of unique jewelry, made from paper beads, wire, and glass beads. This piece is a two stranded necklace that can be casual or dressy. The general concept can be applied to bracelets, earrings, eyeglass holders, bookmarks and more.
- Paper beads (see this post for instructions)
- Round nose pliers, wire cutters
- glass beads (I used crystals and rock beads)
- Closure Mechanism
- Small chain length (to connect beaded strands to closure)
- Make loop on one end of 2 inch wire segment, add beads in desired order, then loop other end using round nose pliers.
- Make as many of them as you need to get the desired length of your chain, and connect them, loop end to loop end.
- For a double stranded piece, connect both strands to a small segment of chain (or jump rings), then connect that to your clasp. See pictures to better understand!