How are those fall mantels coming along? There are so many options for decor this time of year, that I have been overwhelmed with choices and unable to decide on anything. Today, I share with you the chevron “give thanks” printable, as well as a step by step for how I created the plate that is bring all of this together… Finally.
- Click here for printable…
- Super 77 or your choice of adhesive
- Wire or jute and staple gun (glue gun if you are using glass or plastic plate) if you want to hang your plate
- Medium grit sand paper (150)
- Lint free cloth
- Lightly sand your plate and wipe away debris with a damp, lint free cloth
- Measure the inner circle diameter of your plate, and size the free printable accordingly. Mine was exactly 7.5 inches. Print image on glossy photo paper and let dry 10 minutes before moving to the next step
- Cut out using black circle outline as your guide (which you should have sized to match the diameter of the inner circle)
- Spray Super 77 or other mounting spray on surface of plate and back of image, BOTH.
- Press image down onto center of plate, making sure you get placement right before making contact. This stuff really sticks.
- Use palm of hand to smooth image down from the center out.
- To hang, I stapled jute to the back with my staple gun.
You may want to seal with a layer of mod podge for protecting the image. I was too eager to hang it up, so I skipped this part, but should do it for when I change my mantel and store this for next year.
Super easy project and I love how it looks. What do you think?