If someone in your household happens to acquire a surprise piano for his birthday, congratulations. You have just inherited a lovely surface and area to express your creative DIY skills. Yesterday I showed you the music quote subway art (click here for free printable). Today I will demonstrate how to create these cheap and easy dollar store apothecary jars.
- 5 inch round wooden plaques (got mine at Michaels)
- candle sticks
- glass jars from dollar tree
- black spray paint (I used rustoleum oil rubbed bronze from Lowe’s)
- E6000 craft glue
- Spray paint your bases and candle sticks and let dry
- Glue candlesticks to bases and glass jars to candlesticks. And you are done… Magic!
Put them in place and fill them with whatever. I love how these look, and the fact that their fillers can be changed out to coordinate with the seasons, for a year round accent. Snatch up those goodwill candlesticks and jars and make your very own!