Fall Burlap Wreath DIY

How to Make a Wreath

Who can get enough of burlap these days?  There are so many fabulous fall wreaths out there incorporating the versatile fabric.  I snatched up a roll of burlap garland at a garage sale awhile back, and used it to make this quick and easy fall wreath.  Grab a wire hanger and craft your very own.

Supplies:

• Roll of “burlap garland”.  Not sure exact yardage on this one.  Also not sure where you can buy it since I got it at a yard sale.
  • Wire hanger
  • Flower embellishments of your choice
  • Ribbon to hang wreath

How to Make a Wreath

Instructions:

• Clip the coils and hook of the hanger and shape the remaining wire into a circle, as best you can.  Mine was far from perfect, and my wreath looks good.

How to Make a Wreath

How to Make a Wreath

• Next, fold the burlap every couple of inches to make a ruffle, and stick the hanger through the stack of ruffles.
  • How to Make a WreathWhen it is as full as you want, twist the wire ends around one another and tuck them behind the ruffles to hide them.
  • Hot glue flowers of your choice.  I used some scrapbook embellishment paper flowers and a felt flower.  Tie your ribbon at the top and that is that!

How to Make a Wreath

1 Project Queen (Mandy) September 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Adorable! I’d love it if you could link this up to my Linky Party! http://www.projectqueen.org
I’m all linked up to yours :-)

2 Amy@One Artsy Mama September 23, 2011 at 8:58 am

Burlap is so great for fall! I’d love for you to link this to my craft challenge this week: the theme is door decor!

3 Maysem September 23, 2011 at 10:34 am

Neat idea! It looks awesome! Great job!!

4 Lindsay September 24, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I featured you today. Grab a button if you’d like!

5 Jennifer September 27, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I love that it is a hanger!! Too cool!! And looks like Lindsay thought so too!!
Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!! :)

6 Lauren September 27, 2011 at 7:46 pm

This turned out beautiful. I love anything burlap. Would love to have you link this up to the Scatter Girls Fall Porch Link Up Party- going on right now! http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

7 Rachelle @ The Shabby Tulip September 30, 2011 at 9:40 pm

This is SO gorgeous! Love how ruffled the burlap is!!

8 Katie from Sew Woodsy October 4, 2011 at 7:51 am

Love this burlap wreath! I never thought to use a wire hanger to make the “frame”. Love it!!!

9 whitney Ulrich October 5, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I love love love this wreath it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing and for such a good tutorial. Thank you for linking this up to our party show and share on Wednesdays. We would love for you to come back this week and link up your latest project

A mommy’s life…with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

10 Allison @ House of Hepworths October 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I loved your wreath and featured it today at House of Hepworths!

Feel free to stop by and grab a button if you’d like.

Have a great weekend.