My little studio was full of busy hands, Pandora tunes and laughter on Saturday, my first ever group craft night. In preparation for this fun filled evening, I needed to pick a quick project, with some bang for the buck. Here, I will share with you the project we ended up creating, and some other ideas I picked up in the planning for this week’s “Six on Sunday.”
1. Altered Compostion Notebooks; These are super easy and fun. Not only that, you get a journal for tracking your creative ideas, and a momento of the evening. For these, we used decorative paper, Mod Podge and embellishments to spruce up the well known marbled cover of these inexpensive notebooks. In preparation for the evening, I printed off laser jet copies of sayings and images for each guest and taught them the contact paper transfer method I showed you here. Project was a hit!
2. Washer Pendants; I had this project in mind for the evening as well, but we never go to it. Next time! I love it because of it’s low cost and ease, and your guests will leave with wearable art handmade by them. I have not tried this yet, but I have me a box of washers and there are tons of tutorials out there.
3. Shrinky Dink Jewelry; This would be a great craft for ladies night. I showed you my adventure with the project here.
4. Coiled Magazine Page Jewelry; Doesn’t get much cheaper than free. This project would be perfect for group craft night. Here is where I showed you the process. You could make earrings and bracelets too. There are tons of ideas, so get googling.
5. Decorative Box; Why not decorate a box with paper and embellishments? These make wonderful God boxes to store your concerns and blessings.
6. Eggshell Mosaic Pendants; Beautiful and cheap! For a step by step tutorial, click here.
I would love to hear your craft night project ideas and activities. I can’t wait to do this again. One of the girls brought me a big ol’ tub of craft supplies that I am loving! Another wore rollers in her hair the entire evening. Hysterical!