In case the wall art and rosette necklace didn’t quench your recycled paper craft thirst, here is a jar wrapped in magazine page strips. How many jars do you go through feeding your family each month? Think of all the precious handmade gifts you could be creating from them instead of tossing them in the recycling bin. The process is simple and quick, and you most likely have everything you need to make one this instant!
- Magazine pages
- Hot glue gun
- bone folder
- Old jar
- Mod Podge or other sealant
- Fold the magazine pages into strips as I described here.
- Your glue gun can be heating up as you fold. Just put a dab of glue on the strip end and attach it to the bottom of the jar. Go around, putting glue every couple of inches. When You get to the end of your strip, grab another one and glue its tip where you left off. Keep going til you have covered as much of the jar as you would like.
- Seal with mod podge, 2 coats is best.
- When dry, add embellishments, like twine, and maybe a coiled paper rosette.
You could select pinks and reds only from your magazine to make a cute Valentine’s Day gift, filled to the brim with chocolate, of course. It would also make a wonderful vase.