I found these pics at a thrift store for $1.50 each. I was delighted. I didn’t take pics of them as they were when I bought them, but I didn’t have to change much. All I did was remove the green felt the butterflies were on and replace it with the brown fabric shown. I also redid the brown frames with antique white spray paint and crackle medium (covered in my earlier tutorial, here).
I, of course, also had to track down a pattern for these doily-ish butterflies. I found this awesome free pattern. How lovely. And the transformation symbolized by the butterfly always lifts my spirit, reminding me that God turns destruction into beauty.